+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks Everyone

Default Thanks Everyone

for the help and tips on refinishing this old Heddon.

The signature area was a little rough, but I opted to keep it original rather than sand it down and redo the script myself.

This was a 7' rod; at some point in the past someone snapped the top 3" off so it's now a 6'9". Added a few snake guides, upsized the stripper a little bit, and spaced accordingly. It was finished with 6-8 coats of permagloss. Thanks to all who encouraged me to use it, I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It casts incredibly well for such a short rod. Smoooooth.

Hello wet_fly_action,

I may have a Heddon something like that though any script has long since been worn off before I found the two piece 7' 10" that feels like a 5 wt. What I'm wondering about yours if you don't mind saying, is if the reel seat in the pic is original and also the configuration of the wraps. I was going to toss this plastic and aluminum reel seated, plated metal ferruled wreck but I'm not so sure now that I see the color of your blank.

cheers,

MontanaMoose

The grip, reel seat (aluminum), and winding check are original. The wraps are as close to the originals as I could muster, although it was hard to tell exactly what color the original thread had been as it was quite faded.
    The ferrule on this rod is 'glass.

Thanks wet_fly_action, I must not have a Heddeon fiberglass rod after all. About all that is the same is the 'butterscotch' looking color of the blank.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

+ Reply to Thread