+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rod sequences

Good topic, and the gear-heads are out in force : ) . I can't afford, nor justify that much equipment, but I'm extremely happy with the affordable 2, 5 and 7 wt's, all 9 footers, that I have now. I can fish panfish, trout, bass, carp and pike (guess what region I'm from), comfortably, giving the fish a decent fight and allowing me to cast the proper flies. Unless I get into the salt, or start trophy hunting, I think this will cover any future needs I might have (I foresee upgrading those rods, but not changing the weights). The only weight I might replace is that 2 wt (Dorber) that I'm really happy with, for something lighter, but then I have to dish out more cash for a Sage product (I think).

Then again, I haven't been fly fishing as long as a lot of folks here.

Little Rock AR, wishing I was still in Anchorage, AK

Like most of you out their I fish alot of different waters and fish. I could probably get buy with 3rods 6,8,10. one for rainbows, one for Silvers and Red salmon, And a 10wt for Kings.

But then I wouldnt have a rod for that small creek in my backyard that has 4inch trout in it, and only 3ft across. so Ill add a 3wt.
    Then I wouldnt have a rod for Kenai rainbows. A 6wt would be to small and a 8wt you dont get as much fun from them soo I'll throw in a 7wt.
    Maby I want to go fish a lake for grayling soo Ill throw in a long 4wt.

So the question is why not have every rod weight and length If you have a use for them???

BTW I build my own rods so Its not so expensive

+ Reply to Thread