+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greatest investment?

Another one for me is the guy who gave me my first casting lesson. A year later, I met him again - here on FAOL. Thanks again, FlyFishAR.

The best investment I've made is the time taking my grandson fishing. The smile on his face is one of life's best investment returns.

I expect my own grandfather would have said the same thing if he were still here.

I agree with time. My grandfathers have passed on, my Dad's health won't allow him to get out anymore. My two boys are off starting their own lives and our fishing trips are now few and far between.

Luckliy my wife loves to fish, so we get out a lot.

All of the material things in life eventually wear out or get replaced by something newer and better, but memories last forever. I own as much or more fishing stuff as any man should, but I would give it back just watch anyone of the three great men in my life tie a Turle Knot on an Elk Hair Caddis for one more cast.

Geez, I got a bit sappy! If this is what getting old does to you, I don't know if I am going to like it, but it sure beats my alternative.

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.wolfmountainfly.com" TARGET=_blank>www.wolfmountainfly.com
    "A</A> proud FAOL Sponsor"

Becoming a member here (I'm with Ohiotuber!).
    And, I have to go with Dot Man. By the end of the month I'll have helped introduce 28 people to flyfishing!! The first 2 are hooked big time. Now for the next 26!!

The biggest investment was a Pop Up camper 'cause these ole bones don't like sleeping on the ground and my vintage motorhome couldn't pass a gas station!!
    Anyone interested, it's for sale!! Haha.

------------------
    Cactus

An understanding wife! Anytime I have free time, she knows where I'll be and she's ok with that.

A GOOD pair of polarized glasses.

My Orvis Superfine "Trout Bum" The first graphite rod I've ever picked up that has "soul". Like bamboo with a warranty, I love it!

Teaching the father in law the "fly game". He's in his mid 60's and just starting but he is hooked! Now the wife wants to learn too! A family thing of sorts.

+ Reply to Thread