+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LL Bean West Branch Waders

Default LL Bean West Branch Waders

Hi everyone..LL Bean offers a wader that best fits my size (M-Stout) and height..yup..short!. Does anyone have any experience or reports about this wader. It's a question of this, Orvis Silver Label or the Cabela's Gold Medal. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    The Best time to fishing is when it's raining and when it's not

hey,
    I got the ll beans a few years ago and was pretty happy with the fit (mine are regular, not stout). On about the fifth time out with them, I noticed pinhole leaks on the sides of the legs. I felt this was unacceptable for brand new waders, so I exchanged them for a new pair of the same thing about 6 months later when I finally got around to it (too busy fishing!). The new pair doesn't leak, but I dont think they fit me as well. I might just be imaganing it, but they seem baggier than the first pair. Assuming that the first pair was just a fluke, I am overall very happy with these waders. The construction is very solid, and they are comfortable enough for a whole day on the water. I would want to know if other people had problems with pinhole leaks, but with that in mind I would give them a cautious recommendation. And remember if they do give you problems, ll bean has the lifetime gaurantee, so its tough to lose. Hope this is helpful.

Moved from Silver Labels to the Westbranch 3 months ago, 10-12 day's on the water, no leaks yet.
    Very heavy duty material, impressive. Breath-ability has been very good so far and comfort is good.
    The gravel guard clips came off on the third day, re-attached with Kevlar thread, seems to happen with all of the waders I've used.
    The shoulder straps (rear) could be longer. Have to hold one in my teeth while clipping the other.
    The torso area is snug with the 4-5 winter layers but not bothersome. Might want to consider the stout within your size range for the extra room up top. Easier to water the stream-side vegetation. The legs don't rub together on the inside when walking. That is what I attribute the majority of leaks to in previous brands. Rubbing on the seams from excess material in the legs, I suppose for mobility. Haven't noticed any restrictions in movement (and I do a lot of scrambling) and I'm using Polartec 300 pants at this time of year.
    High hopes but only time will tell.

Peter

+ Reply to Thread