+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drooling...

Default Drooling...

I only wish my fly boxes still looked like this!
    I really need to work on geting organized.
    This is inspiring!
    http://www.flyfisherman.com/ftb/jbboxonehires.jpg

WOW

Mine do till I start using them LOL

Goddess,

Yup, mine look just like that till the first of June. They they never look that way again till about March. My steelhead and salmon boxes never look that way.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

That's just wrong! With that system, you'd actually know what you have. And for me that's way too much information!

Jeff
    "If you don't loosen up that buckle on your heart and start to chuckle, your gonna die of boredom, Safety Joe" ~John Prine

Blog Entries

I have about 300 or 400 flies in a large jar, they are everything from streamers to #22 midges. Its a huge unidentifiable mess. I finish a fly and it goes into the jar to be sorted later. Later has not arrived yet. when I go fishing I pick out what ever is on top and take that with me. Every once in a while I put my hand in there, take out about 2 or 3 dozen and give them to my buddies. They don't care what they are as long as they are free. They must work cause the guys keep comming back. I tied about 80 specific flies for Lowell fish in but left them at home. Bummer. Organized? Not Me!

The owner of that fly box in the pic would probably cry if he/she saw my Jar. lol
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

I have a little strip of foam tacked to my tying table in an easy-to-reach spot. After I tie the fly, I take it from the vise and put it on the strip to dry and just so I can see it. The intention here is, when I'm done tying for the session, I'll put them into their boxes in order and all organized and stuff. Funny how intention goes to the wayside... the strip is packed tight with flies and the boxes have maybe three or four each in them.... oh well, they'll make it in eventually. I didn't tie them just to look at em!

Al Campbell once took a picture of one of my fly boxes ... and had a hard time focusing, he was laughing so hard!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

How funny. That picture you included with this post (the first pic). Is precisely why I got into tying my own flies. That is Barr's fly box from a magazine article about 1 1/2 years ago isn't it? Seeing all those pretty little copper john's really peaked my interest. As I recall there were several other photos as well.

Also, that is why I started buying C&F boxes.

Default yes its Barr's boxes

You can see all 5 boxes at this link. But I think it is a current article. I may be wrong.

http://flyfisherman.com/ftb/johnbarr/index.html

Enjoy,
    ~~~waders~~~

Someone once said: "A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind."
    Mr. Barr needs help immediately!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

+ Reply to Thread