+ Reply to Thread

Thread: H&H discounts?

Default H&H discounts?

It seems to me that H&H used to have ALL online purchases discounted and with free shipping and said discount was very obvious for each item.

Nowadays it seems like the discount(s) can be a bit of a mystery. Or am I just missing it?

One of the big reasons I like H&H so much (aside from their great customer service) was that their discounts gave them the "edge" over the others.

I am looking at buying several of a particular fly tying material right now but can't tell what the "true" price is gonna be.

Default H&H discounts

Fisherpup: I just received H & H catalog. They say that the 20% online discount is continuing OR they offer a 10% discount off the first order of the year for any other method of placing an order but not both. Hope this is accurate. Doug

As I've read the info in the catalog the 20% internet order discount applies to items that don't have a specific price set by the manufaturer. They apparently arn't allowed to offer a discount below what their supplers authorize as the minimum price. It does seem to be relatively selective and I've not run into it on any items I've purchased to date. Most of what I get from them have been tying materials and they seem to all be discounted at the 20% level.
    Joe Bertolini

Anyone know if the Whiting 100's are discounted? I haven't received a new catalog.

BTW, I make all my H&H purchases online.

Does anyone know if the new management is also doing the "cumulative" discounts like Bob did -- a rod kit special at 40% off + the 20% online discount + free shipping was an AMAZING DEAL that made me feel so good about purchasing from them I vowed to give them A LOT of business!

Fisherpup,
    Yes, the Whiting 100's are discounted 20%. I just ordered several different colors and sizes.

Caddisfly, aka Two Weight

Blog Entries

I just ordered a bunch of stuff from H&H all discounted items are clearly marked on the website. most of the stuff I looked at was 20% off very little was not 20% discounted.

I just copied and pasted this from the H&H website.

Hook & Hackle Internet Discount Policy

IMPORTANT: The Hook & Hackle company gives a routine 20% discount for many of our items ordered over the web in our internet store. We do this because it saves us time in processing orders and is for web orders only. The exceptions for this discount are where the manufacture of particular products does not allow discounting under normal circumstances. For example, G. Loomis, Sage, Lamson, Whiting and others adhere to such a policy. In addition, some of our products branded "HOOK & HACKLE" already represent outstanding values and no further discounts may apply to these as well.

Hope this helps.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Thanks all!

If you want to be sure an item is discounted, add it to your cart. The discount will show in the cart. I have just placed two big orders, all fly tying stuff, all discounted. I'm starting to wish they would just knock it off, I'm putting together a third order and I would really like to stop...but the sale is so darn enticing. Its my first time ordering anything from them and I am pretty sure i'm going to be sticking with them for a while.

+ Reply to Thread