+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Devon & West Country Wet/Dry Flies

Default Devon & West Country Wet/Dry Flies

I have had an influenzal Xmas and New Year and I could not tie for sneezing. So I read a lot and added some new pages to my site. This info is mainly from Roger Woolley's book 'Modern Trout Fly Dressing'
    On the front page, click on - Devon & West Country Wet Flies, it has no pictures yet and will have more pages.
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

Donald,
    Please let me know if access to Cutcliffe "The Art of Trout Fishing on Rapid Streams" South Molton, 1863 would help your research.
    As you know, Lawrie gives a list of dressings for each month. Cutcliffe includes a table at the back of his book giving additional information on what flies to use on the Taw, Mole, Bray and Barle.
    Let me know if a scanned image of this table would assist your work.
    Paul Kenyon
    Devon

Thank you very much Paul, will e-mail.

Whoops! I just assumed you e-mail address was on your profile. No problem you can find mine ok.
    I have decided to expand the historical side of my site and I will probably take a chance with the older stuff and go ahead and publish it. It is not as if I making any money out of this. I have tied the flies for a lot of the patterns in Roger Fogg's book. I will do the same for the West Country flies, which seem to be among the most forgotten. I have quite a bit of tying to do which has had to stop for the moment, temporary eye problem, luckily I can still read, which seems odd, also I can work on the laptop.
    I shall have to re-organise the website a bit, the various historical sections are a bit of a shambles at the moment. I have no scruples about using the works of previous generations but I always give the credit for their work. Any opinions that are my own, I try and make sure that is clear, so if I am talking codswallop, I will get the full credit.
    I will be much obliged for any info, the price of some of the books is getting ridiculous.
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

Donald
    I have sent you a PM with my contact details.
    Paul

thank you gentlemen for doing this. The historical aspect of fly fishing is too often overlooked. Donald I visit you sit frequently and I always enjoy my experience. Your hard work is much appreciated.
    Paul

+ Reply to Thread