+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What should I do?

nighthawk Guest

Mike,
    Sounds like it's a done deal that they won't let you in. As for myself, I am a forgiving soul. Life is too short to go around angry and holding grudges. However, there are times when we must stand our ground and tell a friend that we feel they have done wrong by us. I would treat this as one of those times if you have been excluded. Be tactful, not insulting and be prepared for the worst. If this person is a true friend they will apologize and no harm will be done to the friendship. That is what happens between true friends. J.C. and the others have given you some very good advice. Listen to Mike F. He is a friend of mine as well and he will never steer you down the wrong course.

By the way, I think it takes a big person to come to the board for help on such things. Good for you, Mike.

Mike;
    I remember our visit to CH's home and that he is a very good guy, he is also very busy. As Eric said be tactful as I think this is a just an oversight.
    The lesson learned here is reminders when there is a long time span between the first request and the event. A simple request for information every 90 days, like "CH any news on OE's visit" may have kept you on the top of the list.

7 Hours! Chris told me it was only 5..lol It may possibly be the last time he has a class there, but Ollie comes to the US at least every other year. Yeah...2 over the normal 10 is about it. It is an advanced class. He puts the same thing on at the shows and is in fact putting on a class at this show. If he has a dozen signed up at the house and does well at Schaumburg I think he will be back..

Why not call and ask if it would be okay if you just went over early just to meet him and get your book signed (if you have it) Then perhaps once there he'd say, what the heck, what's one more.
    Mike, I know both of these guys and I can not believe this was done on purpose. Too bad you can't get to the show...you sure no one near you is going? I'm driving about 800 miles and am taking 2 other tyers,and their gear and clothes for 4 days or I'd offer to pick you up..just isn't room in my vehicle. You could crash on the floor with a sleeping bag, or get a cot in our room. We are meeting a 4th tyer there so we got two rooms.... Good luck with what ever you do...Bob

Mike,
    Sorry it's not on a Saturday. When I thought about it, I figured it had to be a weekday due to the show. BTW, you KNOW CH probably feels awful...remember, he is the same guy that called to you as we were leaving & handed you that huge bag of deer hair...he's a class act & he thinks a lot of you buddy. He is a VERY busy man & oversights can happen. OE will be back, & we'll find a way to get you together.
    Bob...Keep in mind Mike & I are 3 hours east of CH, so his 5 hours is probably pretty close.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mike;
    I want you to take a good look at the responses to your post. This is about the closest thing to a family discussion I have ever seen on the board!
    You, I and Mike have been to Cabela's (had dinner at Tony Paco's). Mike, myself and Warren have fished togather, Mike and I have shared some campfire time with JC. Night Hawk and "tuber" are good friends (as we all are).
    We all know each other, buddy! And ready to help!!

6. Default

Well I would hope OE will come back. CH said that since he is on pension he does not need to travel much anymore. CH also said that OE's wife does not like being left by herself, and that also contributes to why he does not come the USA much. I do not think I will try to go to meet him at CH's house because I would not want to impose on the people that have signed up to take his class. Bob, if you see OE please tell him I say hello. Again, thanks for all the help.

Mike,
    You can say "hi" to CH in person! He'll be at the tying show in Eastlake this next Saturday & I figure you're going with me...right? I'll call you.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Murgida
    Bob, if you see OE please tell him I say hello.
    Mike, I think you misread what I wrote.

Hi MM, Sure, you bet! I take it you have contacted him in the past? Will your name ring a bell with him or should I just say "Hello from a real fan, Mike Murgida).

10. Default

Well on second thought, that probably is not a good idea because he has no idea who I am!

+ Reply to Thread