+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Florida Fish-In Planning Stages

capt tony
    i'm in but i'm local so i just need to know when and where to be

capt tony
    i'm in but i'm local so i just need to know when and where to be

MEMO TO ALL FISH-IN PARTICIPANTS!!!!!!!

Probably the best thing to do is use Kevin at Casey Key A&O as your primary contact once you get into the Venice area. He's in the shop every day except Monday--and probably will be in on THAT Monday, too!

Phone is 941-483-1115. He can give you updates on fishing conditions on a daily basis. You can call me at 941-496-4289, but I might (I BETTER!!!!, Kate says) be out guiding.

We can use CKA&O as the "rally point" and direct you to fishing, etc., from there.

If you plan to stay at the Venice Holiday Inn (941-485-5411), make sure to tell the reservations people you get the Tight Loops Fly Fishing special rate.

Also, please let me know, and I'll talk with Sales Manager Debra Petty about letting us have a meeting room that can be used for fly tying, video-watching, pizza-and-beer gorging, and general bs-ing.

Obviously, we'd need to have four or five rooms booked in order for that to happen. When I bring in groups of anglers from Up North that's what we do. There's a grocery and liquor store across the street from the HI, so the folks get soda and beer to stock the cooler I provide.

I also can bring in some tying tools and materials if you don't want to cart all your stuff down here.
    Unless I'm booked for a night snook charter, we also do free tying classes at the shop on Tues. and Th. 6-8pm.

We'll also plan on doing one or two cook-outs at my house once we get a handle on things.

Questions/comments/observations???? Now's the time to get 'em answered!!!!!

Tony

Tony? Once you set the dates please let me know and I'll put up a Fish-In page for it

The week of March 4, 2007.

I get a discounted rate ($98 per vs. $150 per) at the Venice Holiday Inn. Camping is available at Oscar Sherer State Park in Nokomis.

You also can go to www.FLAUSA.com and click on this area for other motel/camping/yak rental options.

Tight Loops,

I'm there! I will probably drive down and bring my own yak, and I would like to camp.

I can't wait!

Thunderthumbs.

Howdy Capt., just wondering if the Fish-In starts Sunday the 4th & goes thru to the 11th, or is the 4th the barbeque grande finale ?

It starts on Kate's birthday, March 4.

Tony

Party hats, candles, cake & ice cream in our Sunday best for the first Sunday & then all the seasoned pirates can dress down accordingly for the rest of the week

Tightloops, there's always the Veranda Inn rooms if need be for that many attendees & wanna-be-pirates but no place to stay. Probably have to inquire, but they did have an open invite for FAOL guests with another FL Fish-In in '07

+ Reply to Thread