+ Reply to Thread

Thread: xtra point? O.T.? NAH!

Default xtra point? O.T.? NAH!

Oregon State beat Missouri 39-38 in the Sun Bowl.
    Missouri called for a review of Joe Newton's touchdown catch, which gave OSU coach Mike Riley time to decide to do something crazy! OSU went for the 2 point conversion and scored! NO overtime!
    This game caps a amazing season for the Beavers, who started the season 2 wins, 3 losses and a lot of fans calling for the coach and quarterback to be fired. OSU ended 10-4
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I almost turned the game off. I thought for sure Oregon State was going to lose. What a finish.

Rocky

The team of the last 9 games was the team some of us thought was going to start the season

As an MU fan I caught only the last minute or so thanks to storming out when the funeral stuff came on. I'd arranged an afternoon off only to have the game interrupted. No offense to anyone, and with deep respect for the late former President Ford, who probably did more than anyone to pull my father and I back together again. My thoughts were that the funeral was set for Tuesday, not on Friday afternoon. I went back to work and wrote a magazine article and a piece for the newspaper with more passion than was necessary. I sounded like a great game and I wish I could have seen it. Congrats to the Beavers and their fans. Also to the MO Tigers for their great season. The game I WAS able to watch was the Minnesota Gophers and Texas Tech. Two halves by two totally different football teams. Amazing. JGW

PS I was thoroughly happy the Beaver's coach went for two. Football by those stupid extra point charts is for the birds. It's good to see someone make a real decision and live with it, which I'm sure he and the Beaver fans would have done had they not converted the deuce.

That was one of the most interesting games to watch, and WHAT a gutsy call going for that 2 point conversion at the end. I didn't remember seeing how far across the goal line that run was, but it had to have been pretty darn close.

Ordinarily, most good football teams win on the strength of their defense, but both of those teams seemed to have left their defenses at home. However, all that offense sure made for a fun game to watch.

John

+ Reply to Thread