+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Equinox Swap -- Full

Default Spring Equinox Swap -- Full

Imagine it's not the end of December, but it's the day of the Spring Equinox. (This year, 21 March.) The snow (or rain)from Winter is gone, the birds are making nests from your leftovers from your tying bench that you donated to them, early flowers are blooming, the sky is warm, but overcast. A perfect day to hit the stream, river or lake. You have your favorite rod, heading out for a little bit of Spring fishing. What two flies are you going to put in your fly box? Just two of your favorites for March fishing...

This is open to 12 swappers. The 2 fly patterns can be anything that you use on or around Spring Equinox. The usual swap items apply: Self addressed stamped envelope with a sturdy container; flies with toe tags, etc. You'll be getting 24 flies back (2 patterns, 12 each), so maybe one of your medium or large containers will work. This way, you'll have a full variety of flies to play with until Summer Solstice when the heat returns...

The deadline to be in is around the first week of March. My goal is to have them on your doorstep on or before 21 March so we can all deal with Spring Fever.

1--DianeID: Brown soft hackle nymph & Blue Wing Olive **tied**
    2--Alra195: poxy back brown drake nymph & Bead Head Hendrickson Nymph **received**
    3--Hoboflyfisher: Crappie Minnow & Mini White Bluegill Streamer **received**
    4--Wet fly guy: Wild turkey wet fly & glass bead Pheasant tail soft hackle **received**
    5--Salmon Chaser: Mickey Finn variation & Black bead head "micro-leetch" **received**
    6--Bassman: Lady Bug & Lady's Fish Finder **received**
    7--MarkKillam: Simple emerger pattern & larva lace nymph **received**
    8--Bob Brower: Early stone & Soft hackle**received**
    9--Midge Man: Chernobyl Ant & Copper John
    10--DaveM: Little black caddis & a wiggler**received**
    11--Robert Taipala: Stimulator & a gurglepop **received**
    12--kgilroy: RS2 & emerger or cripple**received**

I'll jump on this one. I'll do a poxy back brown drake nymph I like a bunch. I need to tie a few dozen for the spring anyway. Thanks for hosting.

Joe

Okay - I did miss the TWO flies deal , on the first go so make my second contribution a bead head hendrickson nymph.
    Joe Bertolini

D.ID I'll play this one with you. I'll more than likely tie a Crappie Minnow if this is OK with you.
    It's always a pleasure getting in on one of the swaps your involved in, because you tie such nice flies. Thanks.
    Hobo

I will play !!!

I will do my Wild turkey wet fly and glass bead
    Pheasant tail soft hackle

Wet
    Working Trout Bum

Count me in on this one. I think i'll go with a Mickey Finn variation. Ahhh spring,,,,I can't wait!!!!
    Salmon Chaser
    Professional Salmon Chaser since 1988!!

Diane I would like to get in with my Lady Bug and Ladys Fish Finder. As I undertand it we do need to tie up at least 12 of each of 2 patterns. Thanks John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

You're all in. Thanks for joining.

Yes, John, you're right. A dozen each of two favorite patterns for Spring. I edited the original post to make it a bit more clear. Sorry for being a bit vague the first time around.

I left room for the other patterns, and if the rest do not want to tie 2 dozen flies, just let me know and I'll remove you. It's all right with me. Sometimes you just don't feel like making a lot of flies.

It occurred to me that most of what we spend on swaps is probably postage or maybe specialty materials. A swap with a return of 24 instead of 12 just gives us a chance to have some variation, and I don't thing 12 more hooks is going to raise postage. If it does, it would probably be 39 or maybe 63 cents.

Thanks again for joining!

Oh, OK Diane now I understand. I guess I wasn't paying attention to your post. My second fly will be a Mini White Bluegill Streamer.
    Hobo

Taken care of Hobo. Thanks for staying in the swap. I'm looking forward to seeing your Bluegill streamer. We fished for them this summer although they all went back in the pond to get bigger.

I would like in on this....one fly I will be tying is a concoction I came up based on other flies and works for midges and bwo....whether it be emergers or a spinner fall for bwo. I call it a simple emerger pattern....LOL. The second is a Griffith's gnat.
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

+ Reply to Thread