+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cortland Sylk?

I have the DT 4 Sylk line on my Jerry Drake 7'6" 4 wt. bamboo rod. It's a sweet deal.. The line fishes nicely in my opinion.

Guess I never thought to seperate heat and humidity. They sort of go hand in hand in the Ozarks!! Wish I had just a hot place to try it in, as a comparison. Maybe the line just gets hot and sticky like people do down here!? Still like the line. Still use it, especially in the cold weather (sorry! I had to get that in!!). Will try it this spring all washed up with no dressing (no, on the line!).
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I'm moving to Buena Vista Colorado. I don't think the humidity gets high there, but it's an area called the banana belt which does get in the 90's. That would be the peak of summer and being at 8200 ft it should be cool in the mornings and evenings when i'm doing most of my fishing. I'm thinking i'll be ok with the sylk line.

I can't speak to the sylk, but if you're looking for a nice soft hand and a line that hasn't given me any coiling problems, consider SA Ultra 4. I wasn't happy with the Orvis Wonderline, but the SA has been really nice to use.
    Bob
    Good Tying and Good Fishing!
    Bob

Thanks Bob. Since everything is frozen now there's no rush to buy anything right now. I have considered that line and also the Rio Selective Trout. Along with the sylk of course.

I can't speak to the sylk, but if you're looking for a nice soft hand and a line that hasn't given me any coiling problems, consider SA Ultra 4. I wasn't happy with the Orvis Wonderline, but the SA has been really nice to use.
    Bob
    But S/A makes Orvis line. Right?

They might, FG. I really don't know, but I definitely liked the way the Ultra 4 handled in comparison - and a little cheaper to boot! I use it on an (ironically enough) Orvis SL 7wgt SLOOOOOW action, on warmwater streams. Maybe I got a bad batch, but I thought the coiling was a lot worse with the Wonderline, and I haven't regretted the change. Just my experience with it and personal opinion.
    Good Tying and Good Fishing!
    Bob

They might, FG. I really don't know, but I definitely liked the way the Ultra 4 handled in comparison - and a little cheaper to boot! I use it on an (ironically enough) Orvis SL 7wgt SLOOOOOW action, on warmwater streams. Maybe I got a bad batch, but I thought the coiling was a lot worse with the Wonderline, and I haven't regretted the change. Just my experience with it and personal opinion.
    You are right, it is cheaper and that is a good thing. The new Generation 3 line is everything you want, I think. I just bought the new Hi-Flote line and for all you that are tired of the end of your line sinking, this is the bomb. Everything it claims. Thumds up!

+ Reply to Thread