+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Funny things.

Default Funny things.

What was the funniest thing that happened to you or your fishing partner this year. Here goes mine. My buddy brought two left side wading shoes and fished all day with them on. The poor guy kept walking in circles all day long. And to make things worst I was following him. Between the fish we caught and all the ribbing it would have to be one of the best day of fishing I had all year long. What was your funniest day on the water this year. Later.

Didn't happen this year and it wasn't funny at the time. But I went to help my son down from a high bank and my rod touched the mud. It also wound up touching a Yellow Jacket Hive and pi#$%d them off.
    Those suckers wouldn't give up and wound up diving in at the tail end of Cairns on the Beaverkill in October shattering the tip of a nice bamboo in the process. Happy to say I found out I'm not allergic and the kid wasn't touched.

Tom

Last spring,bailing out of my toon in front of a friend who is always telling me to get a real boat.
    I pull into shore, stand up and jokingly say this is where I usually fall on my face. Sure enough I take one step and hook a fin.Waders full of 40 some degree water in front of about a half dozen people.
    Every time I take my pontoon out now some smart aleck
    tells me to make sure my life vest is tight.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

1. My Dad accidently sticking his rod tip in the empty light socket on the lake cabin front door, melted the tip off.
    2. Brother losing 2 of my rods overboard in consecutive yrs at the same lake!
    3. Me forgetting to tell my sister inlaw, on her maiden voyage in a float tube, to NOT walk forwards with her fins on after she gets done fishing, she fell FACE first into the lake. Her and my wife laughed about it for hours, I didn't think it was funny.
    4. My 3 yr old son's first trout flyfishing, 3 inch rainbow, on the backcast!
    5. My ex wife at a business meeting. The Question was "What is something interesting about you?"
    Sharon said, " I'm a flyfisher woman!"
    I laughed and said, "YEA! and I'm the King of England!" More realistic would be, ONE who will HOLD a flyrod, but DON'T expect me to cast it!
    6. Watching a 7 horse outboard motor FLY off the transom of a little boat that I had BORROWED. I remember looking down and noticing that the gas tank and hose were still in the boat.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Creeping up on my Grandson (14)who was standing at the end of the dock and then growling as loud as I could. Then watching as he launched himself into the lake. Priceless. It is bear country which made it work so well. hahahahaha

Going in the wrong road to Nickleplate lake in 4 wheel drive, I had to go down the worst hill you ever saw. Then having to drive back up it. The guys at the four wheeling club said that many of them had never done that killer run.

Watching an 8 year old girl bring in a 6 pound trout which was 4 pounds heavier than either her Dad or her Grandpa had ever caught. Then later that night Watching those two gentlemen tell and re-tell that story around the campfire with such obvious pride was wonderful to see. She was a hero to all that were there when she said to her Grandpa gee Grampa its only a fish. Hilarious.

At the fish-in, Dana saying , "Well He did lose job at the zoo!" was the singular funniest line I heard all year. ( You had to be there )

A person at the Fish that in fell in three times on the same day. Was kinda funny too. lol
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread