+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glacier vs Bob Marshall

Default Glacier vs Bob Marshall

I am deciding between the two for a Aug 2007 trip. Anyone have info on fishing these places would certainly be helpful in making a decision. We plan to backpack in to a basecamp. thanks

What kind of information are you looking for? Do you want to do stream fishing, backcountry lake fishing, what kind of fish, how long do you plan to stay?

3. Default

I have heard many good things about the Bob M!! I have a friend who would highly recommend. The only problem with his trip is a lot of horse back riding!! I don't think I could do that!!

G

G
    Send me this guys name and how to contact him because I've been dying to go on a trip like that in Bob Marshall.
    John

Default Glacier vs Bob Marshall

We plan to backpack into a basecamp with a stay of 5-6 days. We also prefer to stream fish and would guess our prey would be trout. Info I'm looking for is where is the fishing better, suggested campsite, suggested stream,etc. thanks for the reply

6. Default

John - www.anglerslane.com will get you all of their contact information. Ask to speak to Tom if you call, he is actually the one that goes from their shop and plays host. These guys are awesome and would not treat you wrong!! Tell Tom that G.W. sent you!!

Thanks, G

Give Bob Arends a call at Arends Fly Shop, it's in Columbia Falls and Bob travels the Bob Marshall Wilderness area quite a bit as well as Glacier.

His number is: 406-892-2033

Tell him George from Browning sent you.

Good luck!
    George

If you plan to sit stationary at the same base camp every night, the Bob Marshall is going to be your place. Glacier Park requires permits for backcountry camping, and you'd have a difficult time, if not impossible, getting the permit for a week at the same backcountry campsite in August. I suppose the best bet for a first time trip into the Bob Marshall would be to camp and fish along the S. Fork of the Flathead - either hiking in from Spotted Bear (fairly level hike along the river) or from the Holland Lake area (real steep hike up and then down into the upper river valley). Get yourself a good topo map and spend time planning your trip well before you go.

+ Reply to Thread