+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quarrow Fly Rods

I purchased a Quarrow ML2 fly rod several years ago, a 9' 4 wt. At that time, the ML2 sold at retail for $210.00, which is what I paid for it. It appears to be a very well built rod. This rod has a fairly fast action, but casts pretty well close in as well as far out. I've used it for both smallmouth bass and trout without any problems, and was able to land my largest trout to date, a 24 inch rainbow, without any difficulty. Being a native of Oklahoma, I was proud that a nice rod was being built here. I have never heard of any problems with the rods, but apparently the company has had some problems, and there are apparently no longer any dealers for Quarrow in Oklahoma. I was also quite pleased by the unconditional lifetime warranty until I read it more carefully and discovered it was really only a warranty against manufacturing defects. Oh well, it's still a nice rod, and I wish I could have bought mine at the price you mentioned.
    Larry Compton

FlyTier, I apologize if my sensitivity is so apparent, but I was a panicky for the kind of comment I just got from Canoeman!!!

Canoeman, believe it or not, the rod I just purchased was the ML3, not the ML2. If I can figure away around my lovely wife of twenty years this August, I am going to buy an 8wt Salty as well!!

Allan

Alan If you woould like the inside story on your new rod and the company in question, call Dan Bailys in Livingston and ask for Johnny Boyd. He was one of there first reps. and helped develope the flyrods. Johnny is a great guy and will answer any questions you have about the rod or company.

Rich

Thansk Rich!!

I will give him a call. I know the company is dead, but I think this is a pretty good rod for less that $80 shipped!!

Allan

+ Reply to Thread