+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabela's CSR 2 Reel

Default Cabela's CSR 2 Reel

In may of this year I bought my first fly fishing rig. It is a Cabela's 5pc Stowaway. It came with a CSR 2 reel. I have noticed over the last month or so the lightest setting for the drag has really become tight I took it apart and noticed some build up around the bushing just before the drag. I do clean and lube the reel as needed. I am considering taking it back for an exchange but if this is something that happens over four months then I will just repair it if not then I will take it back. I just hate returning something that shouldnt be returned, lots of people take too much advantage of their return policy. Any input is greatly appreciated.

wireguy

Harvey;
    What is the build up? Is there any sign of wear?
    If the cleaning and lube does not correct the problem I'd take it back.
    Having personally seen how hard you fish if it's wear and tear you may want to consider a different reel. If it's just "Mung" built up you may have to clean it sooner.

P.S. As you had to leave the MI Fish-In early send me your smail mail addy and I'll send you some Fly Reel Dots.

Default Clean it!

Yea, I agree many people take advantage but you pay hard earned dollars and the reel should perform. Unless you have abused it I'd take it back.

I have no idea what 'build-up' is. If it needs cleaning, clean it. Unless of course it is guaranteed not to get dirty.

Harvey;
    According to the CSR Reel discription the drag is sealed to prevent dirt build up. You may have a serious problem

I'd send it back. I have one of their Drake reels and the drag spring had a tendency to pop out.

Default fixing CSR reel

Wi - next time we get together, bring your reel and I will check it out. I have a coupla hundred of the things and have played with a few of them.

tl
    les

Default Reel

TAKE it BACK... Nothing against Cabelas but companies like Cabelas and Bass Pro seem to PUSH the smaller more nich market stores out of business. You know the people that have knowledge are being replaced by employees making next to nothing with few benefits. Almost like a Wally World pushing all the Mom and Pop shops out of town. They can afford to replace or give you back your money.

Thanks for all the replys I have cleaned and lubed it again and still not like it was before, so I am going to take it back and replace it.

Thanks

wireguy

Important decision here. How does this effect your thoughts of Cabela's, the company that actually made the reel, whether or not the customer service will make up to you for your troubles, if you will replace it with exactly the same reel, get another of similar value or invest more in a higher grade reel.

+ Reply to Thread