+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool stuff for Kayaks!

Default Straps

Hey Gigmaster,
    Cool use of velcro!!! I have a similar device I use on my inflatable. It is a lenght of elastic that has a slide closer made into a loop. All you do is loop it around the object and what you are attaching it to, tuck the end through the loop and cinch the slide fastener in place. This is also nice because it doesn't have to be permently attached to the kayak. I can move it around and place it where I want. I use two of these to hold my paddle.
    Sarge.

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Default Cool...

Thanks everyone.

I'll try the pictures later. Maybe I'll have some of fish to post. I'm about ready to try my luck with smallies.

Semper Fi!

Default Displaying Pictures

http://www.photobucket.com

Gigmaster,

Register and set up a free account at the above address. Upload pictures. When you want to post select the image and double click it. when the larger image appears right click on it and select "properties". Slide your mouse over the http address of your photo..Then in your FAOL posting click Img (I just did)Right click then "paste" to place the address after the img tag. Lastly bracket the img tag prefaced with a slash and that should do it. Hit Preview to check.

Yep! It worked!

Default Pictures?

Gigmaster,

Wheres your pictures?

Default pic fix

all you have to do is remove the &.src=ph from the end of your links and the pics should work...

Joelw23,

I tried to do that but the images are embedded in the html on his site and there's no direct way to get them on here. He'll have to move them to a site like Photobucket to get them to work properly.

Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

Default One More Time!

OK. Here goes.....

It's AAAALLLIIIVVVEEE!!!!!! It's AAALLLIIVVVEEE!!!!!

Well done, Gig
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

What kind of digital camera would I need to take photos of the different steps of fly-tying, so I could post them, submit them, and other uses?

I am toying with the idea of writing and publishing a Fly-Tying book with up-to-date patterns and techniques. I'd like to mention FAOL in it and maybe some of the the patterns here (with proper credit given, of course).

I see lots of fly-tying books, but most of the patterns are older ones and the techniques and materials are way out of date. They mostly seem to be hung up on trout and classic salmon flies.

Now don't get me wrong. I love classic patterns. I've even tied a shadow box full of them and it is on display as we speak in the Local Arts Guild. But it is displayed AS AN ART-FORM, and for HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE. I seldom fish with classical patterns, with the exception of timeless patterns like the Hare's Ear and Pheasant-Tail Nympth.

I'd like to call it "Flies for the 21st Century". I'd like to include some insight and preditions as to where fly-tying and fly-fishing in general are headed in the new millenium.

Just a thought.

Semper Fi!

Gig

+ Reply to Thread