+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scarry Heddon #10

Quinn, if 2 of the 6 sections are broken off, there are 2 options.
    1 is scarfing and that takes some work by a very accomplished rod MAKER, the other is to shorten the tip and that is probably what I would do with it as it isn't a collectors piece to begin with. A scarfed tip would go unnoticed bay all but very trained eyes but it isn't cheap.

by the way that thread was sent 3 weeks ago and is in one of those yellow colored mailing envelopes, let me know if you don't track it down as I have several spools of that.

LD

In the process of glueing the splits on the butt section, I was unable to fully protect the rod inscription and partially removed the ink, not totally chipped-off but much lighter imprint. I'd like to trace over the ink. What is a good replacement ink- fine tip Sharpie?
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Quinn, the fine tip sharpie is a heavier line than the inscription of the Heddon, you may look at their ultr fine point, but I think it too may be too wide of a line. I use an artist ink pen with India ink to touch up some old inscriptions most of the time. They are available in various width lines...

+ Reply to Thread