+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I ambitious or STOOOOPID!!!!!

Default Am I ambitious or STOOOOPID!!!!!

Hey guys. Well you all know I just finished my first rod, well guess what. I'm thinking about my next project. HMMMM let's see. I am restoring my dad's old Wright Mcgill glass rod for my brother for Christmas, I have a forecast 4 piece kit to build, but I am thinking seriously about a different project. I have an old St. Croix 2 piece glass rod that the tip section is broken in half. I dont have the top half. I'm thinking of taking the reel seat off of that rod, getting a decent blank, buyiing some cork rings to make a handle, and the other hardware I need of course and kinda making a bastardized rod. Am I a loon for trying this kind of project for a second rod?

Hare
    Hare

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati .... "When all else fails...Play dead"

Default stooopid

I tried to warn ya Bear! Now your hooked and theres no going back. Just send all your projects out here and you should be all right in a few monthsLOL Just go for it. You wont get better if you dont step out. Keep us posted

Well well, another disturbance in the force...Clyde, it looks like the hook has been firmly set in the corner of Bear's mouth! Welcome to the obsession.
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Bear;
    We use Barbless hooks here!! There is no help offerd anywhere for the adiction of "Rod Building"!! Your friends will not come to your rescue. We will watch from the sidelines as you slowly slip over to the dark side!! Then we will pounce with all the help you may need!!
    Bear, May the Force Be With You!! (as well as your girlfriend/wife!)

Thank you obi-wan. But the only force I may experience is the strange sensation in the seat of my pants from my wifes boot in my arse! for the metaclorients have snatched up my snarfleys and are juggling them like a circus bear. I AM HOOKED!
    Hare

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati .... "When all else fails...Play dead"

Hey ... do all your neighbor's rods have hook keepers?? That could keep you busy for awhile and they are cheap! You will just need a nice selection of threads.

Step 1 ... admit you are an addict.
    Step 2 ...

ROTFLMAO

+ Reply to Thread