+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Bamboo Rod

Quinn,
    If you need working time, I would use the Gorilla Glue. If you follow their directions to the letter, including dampening the sections to be mated and glues, it will accelerate the bonding and make the bond quite a bit stronger. After you get it glued, wrap it tightly with some good strong string or twine and after it foams, wipe the excess off of the outside of the repaired area. I would let it sit overnight at least prior to working with it.

After you glue it you may want to sight down the section to ensure that it isn't crooked prior to the glue setting, if it is, just tweak it a little to straighten it out.

good luck with it

Leo,
    Thanks for coming thru again on info.
    Quinn

------------------
    God Blesses!
    A wing & a Prayer! ----*<(((><~ ~ ~ ~
    Quinn
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

FYI on Gorrilla Glue. This is great stuff but great care must be used when sanding.The dust created is a sevier health hazard and wearing a normal,hardware store, dust mask dose not protect you from it. Please protect yourself.

Tom

Default ape juice

or commonly called Gorilla Glue....

Well you are os right about the hazards of Gorilla Glue, that can be some nasty stuff. However, if you are very careful, you will notice that the foaming action stops after about 20 - 30 minutes and THAT is the time that you need to be ready to remove the foaming squeeze out. I use a wet soft cotton clothe to remove the squeese out and that eliminates a lot of the sanding which I don't particularly like on bamboo anyway, sometimes it is a necessity, but many times it can be eliminated. dont like taking thos epower fibers any thinner than what they are.

+ Reply to Thread