+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tight Budget Fly Rods- Free

When you have earned the respect of your peers you done about all you can.

Default flyrod

Steve 154,

I'll be glad to send some stuff the boy could use -- flies, leaders, strike indicators --- stuff he can fish with. If you think you might teach him to tie flies I could also send a starter kit for flytying : hooks, chenilles, dubbing, thread, flash, fur patches, beginners vice, etc. Sorry, I don't have extra tools. PM me if you are interested.

Greg

Steve, I'm including a metal Purist reel also. So if the graphite reel doesn't workout you can always swap lines. These fishing items are exciting but trivial in a young boys life. A strong and guiding mentor will be one of his greatest gifts in life. Thank YOU for stepping up!!!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Still have one more for one of you lucky mentors out there!!!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton

Like I said in the post about the free tying stuff to a good home..I have a boys and girls club that is always in need of fishing gear like that..only a thought

Deadrift,
    Not that I don't support your organization, we have one 3 blocks away and my step daughter participated there when my wife was previously single (and we're more of an ocean fishing community). I'm just hoping this benefits a child and a mentor on a 1-on-1 relationship. There are so many boys w/a single parent w/o access to such great orgs like these. If no-one makes a claim for it by next week, your org will be it.

I understand what you mean, and if it stays the week and gets passed on to me well then im sure those kids will be greatful..If you find someone else..well then thats okay as well..In the end at least we know someone is making memories, correct?

"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."
    Winston Churchill

Wednesday Caster, I am sure you will be brightening up some young persons life. Way to go! Jonezee

I am joyed to report that the two rods have found homes to young boys of single parents as I had hoped. I appreciate all the kudos you guys have sent my way but the kudos belong to the individuals who are stepping up and making a difference thru their effort and time to reach and teach these younger boys. The rods are tools and have served their purpose for me well. I am very excited that they will go to serve another.

Deadrift is always looking for gears for his Boys & Girls Club. So I challenge those of you who have gear just catching dust in the garage to donate them to his org. or one in need in your own community. Who knows, one of those kids may end up mentoring a family member or friend of yours later on.

Gentlemen, it's guys and posts like these that makes a lot of the 'other stuff' that gets posted, worth it. We thank you all.

+ Reply to Thread