+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hook & Hackle

And you would call that... what?
    'Good business'???

Yes.

I guess you must be right. It seems that many outfits do not bother to make sure their suppliers have things or actually fill orders. Back in the 'old days' this type of business was called 'failure'. Folks got tired of only getting a percentage of what they ordered and went to the companies that actually did stock the things they advertised.
    I see that times must have changed, as I have received emails complaining about my post and you also are most willing to promote mediocrity as well. Sorry for my unrealistic expectations. Just getting old I guess.

flyfish2002,

Sorry, but if it's in the catalog, it should be in the inventory!

I was responsible for hospital inventories (individual hospitals and groups). The value of 'stock' as well as 'non-stock' purchases exceeded $50M annually. That does not include dietary, pharmacy or Capital Equipment. Our 'fill rate' was over 98% and that was not considered good enough. You tell a surgeon that his latex gloves, or tell the Intensive Care Unit that the specific IV requested, are out of stock!

Of course the importance of medical versus recreational inventories are completely different. However, the perception of 'Customer Service' is about the same. If an item is listed and you order it, it's got to be there.

If H & H cannot perform the way you as a customer expect, they should not expect you to be a customer for very long. Now, I had a good experience with H & H. But if I had the experience described above, I'd cancel my order, return all products for refund, and cross H & H off my potential supplier list.

Allan

To date I have had only excellent experiences w/H&H.
    A few years back I was a regular, though small, customer with a suplier which developed serious supply problems. Every order had back orders. Back orders took a long time to fill. Many orders were filed incorrectly. I went elsewhere. They are no longer in business, certainly not because of my lack of patronage (which was small)but I can imagine that my experience with them was shared by others. I figure there are too many folks out there who do want my business for me to fool arround with those who don't.
    That said -- I do realise that in this real world sometimes "stuff" happens. I try not to judge someone on the basis of the infrequent bummer, but I do judge them on their response. The man who bend over backwards to make things right will generally find that I insist on meeting him halfway.
    AgMD

JC I think you were right the first time.If the stock on something starts getting low order some in Dont wait till you are completely out.Fastest way to lose my business is to not have what I want when the business is supposed to have it.

Hmmm,
    I had superior service from H&H when Bob was running it. I recommended H&H to several people.

Two weeks ago I ordered a St Croix blank that was in their "Specials" listing- and no word about order status so far. Just got an automated email confirming the order. I would have thought that anything in the Specials would be in stock.

Email sent to Ron@hookhack.com came back as invalid email address.

I guess I will phone today and cancel the order.

John

Made an small order last Thursday to H&H - box delivered with everything on Monday - always had great service with them

I also have had GREAT service with them. I ordered a group of items, two of which were on backorder. I called them to get an estimate, and they did tell me that the cork sealer I wanted was very slow going. Even with that, the items arrived in less than 2 weeks.
    Hare

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati .... "When all else fails...Play dead"

+ Reply to Thread