+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Wish (or what I'd like the board to look like tomorrow)

At the top of the board it USED to give you your PM message status, like "no new private messages".

Right now, on my screen, it just has a link to the Message Center which requires a click to get status.

Lazy me liked knowing without clicking to find out that there was "no new private messages".

Other than that it's OK with me although I did like old colors better but that's not important.

The "Message Center" will change to "1 New Message" if you have a PM. It just gets better all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise
    The "Message Center" will change to "1 New Message" if you have a PM. It just gets better all the time!
    I knew that....

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat
    The "jump to" box moved from the bottom to the top of the page. Liked it better at the bottom where I could "jump" after exploring the page. Now I have to scroll back up to jump. Much less convenient. It was much better at the bottom of the page.
    I also liked the "jump to" box at the bottom... maybe have it in both places?

Also, the jump to box is a drop down menu along with a "Go" button. Unless I have some weird setting, as soon as I click on the drop down menu item, it goes to that forum. Why have the "go" button?

I also second the recommendation that the Fishing Communtity Grouping be at the top... why have the most popular board (Fly Anglers Online) in the middle of the listings?

Right, we should put it at the very bottom. That way you would have to scroll past all the others, perhaps noticing something of interest you forgot, like needing a reel for the rod you are going to ask about. Merchants do that every chance they get, like the meat deptartment is always at the back of the store. Fly shops do it too. It's why the Flyfisherman keeps the 'Off Topic' at the bottom. But, no one complains about having to go 'all the way down' to get to it.

"I also second the recommendation that the Fishing Communtity Grouping be at the top... why have the most popular board (Fly Anglers Online) in the middle of the listings? "....Ron explained this in another thread.

Question: If we agree with an idea do you want us to indicate that?...that is, will it then be considered more strongly?....could clutter the thread...

I liked it when we could delete the post if we originated it....or also delete our own in a thread....now it seems we can't once someone else has posted.

Default re scrolling

Maybe you don't want this here but seems timely...

A hint about skrolling....to go rapidly from top to bottom ...or bottom to top....place your cursor just over the down pointing arrow in the scroll column and hold down the left click button..takes you rapidly down....to go up click and hold just under the up arrow....

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    "I liked it when we could delete the post if we originated it....or also delete our own in a thread....now it seems we can't once someone else has posted".
    Man! Do I 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 100th, that user friendly option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know ducksterman and myself aren't the only one's that would like to see that feature come back, Ron you listening????????????

"The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

Just another question:

Am I missing a switch in a setting to see who replies to which post? Anyway that there can be a "reply" button to a specific poster in a thread?

Edit: by the way, I think the "BB Home" button at the top of the page is very useful.

Reply? Sure. Is now. Either hit "Reply" or send him a PM.

+ Reply to Thread