+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glueing Strips w/Major Delams

Default Glueing Strips w/Major Delams

So, I got the Elmer's Ultimate Glue being that they were just like the Gorrilla Glue. I liked it was made in the USA and a little lower priced to boot.
    Previously, I have only wrapped maybe 1" long delams with epoxy I had. Today, I wrapped a couple 8" sections that were opened wide with pins and moistened to properly cure the glue. I read the instructions and understood that the glue would expand. 8" is a big section of OOOZing glue and I'm a little concerned about how to remove this stuff after it's cured. Mfr. recommendation in scraping and sanding. I opted not to remove excess while partly wet because I figured a thin coat of cured glue would be hard to scrape off than big chunks. The sanding part really worries me. Any thought or "been there" experience shared would easy my blood pressure.
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

So after some additional parrousing (sp) I found that Dleo wipes the excess glue off. Tried both methods- leaving it in globs and wiped off- and found that it is better to wipe it off. It was much easier to scrape the thin excess glue than the globs. I then wet some fine steelwool w/thinner and smoothed. Washed the rod down and now letting it all dry.
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

+ Reply to Thread