+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are J.C. & L.F. Flying?

Default Are J.C. & L.F. Flying?

Poor Jim and Deanna - I hope they don't get hasseled at the airport, considering all that is going on now with airline security. Imagine, anything liquied or jel has to be left behind or announced in checked baggage. Not to mention all those long pointy things that we call fly roods. We will keep a light on and a fire going. Fare well our friends and God speed to Grayling. PS, if you have to leave some of the boo and the Kusse behind, I will be glad to store them for you....extra wear not included. >
    Jonezee

Yeah, I hope they are careful with any fly floatant or other liquid/gel type substance. Guess we'll have to remember not to carry head cement too.

Allan

nighthawk Guest

All of those traveling by air are in my thoughts right now. Be careful but remember to carry on with your activities. Don't let the evil ones win.

As far as traveling with fly rods and reels....I flew out of Flint, Michigan this morning and didn't have a problem. The did have a second screening before boarding the plane....just to make sure that nobody had decided to try to take on any liquids after the initial screening. They even made me open my rod tubes to make sure I hadn't put any liquid containers inside. But, other than a little more scrutiny, nothing was said about my rods, I has three, 4 piece rods with me too.

Regards,
    Doug

MAXQ - Just curious, do they still ahve jet planes flying out of Flint? Did you have to walk up a rolling ladder on the tarmack to board the plane? Was it a direct flight back to Florida? Again, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezee
    MAXQ - Just curious, do they still ahve jet planes flying out of Flint? Did you have to walk up a rolling ladder on the tarmack to board the plane? Was it a direct flight back to Florida? Again, just wondering.
    Jonezee,

Yes, we've flown directly into Flint from Orlando, Florida several times now. A small airport, at least compared to Orlando , I think about 8 gates. My wife doesn't like to do connecting flights anymore.....too many layovers over the years, so a direct flight works out great for us! You've got to search sometimes for a particular airline though, we flew direct with Northwest at Spring Break this year but this August, they had no direct flights, so we went with AirTran. They actually worked out great. I believe AirTran is going to expand their direct flights to Flint from a few different cities soon. Also, I think on some of the smaller, connecting flights, you still walk up a rolling ladder but on the bigger jets...Boeing 717,737, etc.....they have the usual ramps that connect with the building.

Regards,
    Doug

JC and Dea left a day early from the river here to have time to get the Quebec city, repack stuff etc.

I had a wonderful time meeting them. They sould be in MI by now.
    Christopher Chin

Thanks for the update Chris. Kind of like on Christmas Eve when the
    news stations report Santa's where abouts.*G* Hope you folks had a
    great visit. Warm regards, Jim

Thanks Maxq, this is bettr than the travel channel for updates and info from those in the know.

Jim, ...

Been a busy 2 weeks. Jim and Dea had quite a relaxing time. I'll let them relate their experience in their own words once they get back home.

With over 60 miles of river to explore and over 75 pools, runs and rapids, we were having trouble remembering where we had fished (and that was on friday evening ! ... Imaging after the Au Sable !! )
    Christopher Chin

+ Reply to Thread