+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish-In Schedules

Probably too late for this year,,, but!! how about a 'mini' one? Bring it up on the BB. See what interest you can get. It's a long state, lots of miles to drive, but, so what if only three guys show up? Like it says some where " Where soever there are three or more of... there is a Fish-In...

Duh!!! I miss so much of what's on this site because of my going directly to the BBs. I've been reading all the anxious MI FI attendee comments and they sound very excited and expecting some fun. This year's schedule will not permit me to attend but I will try to schedule WA/ID FI in '07.

I am moving the family to the Tahoe area (Gardnerville, NV) mid-year '07. So, I will not be able to organize any event until after I get the family settled which means no earlier than an '08 FI for the SW Territory.
    There are some nice rivers to work out the glass, graphites and boos during the day and plenty to do at night time (Tahoe/Reno) if you're not into sitting by the campfire and telling long-winded lies about the perfect cast or the fish caught and or missed.

Steven Ojai has a great website of CA fishing and here's his coverage of the area. http://stevenojai.tripod.com/sierratahoe.htm
    The Truckee and Carson Rivers are my thoughts at this point- with the Reno airport nearby for travelers. Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the camping options.
    We'll see how the move goes first...
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

As I remember the events of a few years gone by.....

Originally the 1st Annual FAOL Fish-In, started as a simple vacation for JC & Ladyfisher, to West Yellowstone. Word got out in the Chatroom (Anglers Hut) and next thing you know, some who lived near by or were going to be there, wanted to meet up with JC & Ladyfisher. Maybe have dinner, or even go fishing together....

Then Al Campbell demanded that the 2nd Annual FAOL Fish-In be held in the Black Hills of South Dakota (which I attended along with about 30 other members of FAOL). It was a fun time, even with all the rain.

3rd Annual FAOL Fish-In was held near "Happy Valley" Pennsylvania (Penn State College). Where more of the eastern members got to meet each other and JC & Ladyfisher.

4th and 5th Annual FAOL Fish -In were held across from Hancock New York, on the Delaware River, at the Delaware River Club. JC & Ladyfisher decided that the Fish-In needed a permanent home, and that the Delaware River Club would be the place. Some members go upset that they would never get to have a FAOL Fish-In, to showcase their "Home Waters" so I made a comment that changed some things on FAOL.

Rule #1 The Publisher and Editor of FAOL, get to select the site of the Annual FAOL Fish- In.

Rule #2 There is no Rule #2. So if someone desires a Regional FAOL Fish-In, then they have to do the leg work. Find cabins, motels, campsites, places for RV, restaurants, hopefully close to the fishing waters.

Since then there have be Regional Fish-In, all over the place; Texas, Florida, Washington, Smoky Mountains, Oregon, Idaho (later became the Annual FAOL Fish-In for a few years. There were even some on South Andros Island

This year there was a Regional FAOL Fish-In during February in Florida.
    Regional FAOL Fish-In near Central Washington,and the Roscoe New York Regional FAOL Fish-In this May,
    Regional FAOL Fish-In at Branson Missouri in June,
    There is the first Regional FAOL Fish-In in Canada at ,Ste-Marguerite River Quebec that is coming up,
    Followed by the Annual FAOL Fish-In on the Au Sable River in Michigan.
    Then there is the Regional FAOL Fish-In in Idaho in September on the Locha/Selway/Clearwater.

So all you have to do to get a Regional FAOL Fish-In near you is some leg work.

If memory serves me right, JC & Ladyfisher were married at the Au Sable River in Michigan where this years Annual FAOL Fish-In is going to be held. I am not sure of the Anniversary date, but I believe it was about this time of year.........

Wednesday Caster,

If you struggling with casting, a Fish-In is where you need to be. At the first Idaho Fish-In a few years ago, Ladyfisher gave me about 10 minutes of instruction, and I can honestly say, it was a turning point for me. I could get a fly out there before, but it was a lot of work. Now I can drop one just about anywhere I want to. I know there are other really good casters that would love to give you little instruction. These Fish-Ins are about sharing and you won't be disappointed. Come to Idaho in September and meet of few of the gang, swap some lies, and fish!!

Jeff
    "If you don't loosen up that buckle on your heart and start to chuckle, your gonna die of boredom, Safety Joe" ~John Prine

Wednesday Caster,
    I've seen Jeff cast. We're going to have to change his name to "Tight-Loop."
    God Bless,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

This year's schedule is done with. Already used up the savings (and some internet magic) for a family vacation trip in Oct to check out the Fall Colors in CT. In So. Cal our seasonal colors are brown or green on a good year otherwise it's brown . We do get some interesting hues of red, yellow and blues when the cops chase criminals on the run on the freeways .
    Will just have to plan one of these Regional FIs to bring the vacation to me when I move north.
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

+ Reply to Thread