Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: cabela's

1st off I like Cabelas a lot. Good products, and great customer service.

If this story had ant true merit there would be lawyers involved not a boycott.

Fl_skibum,

Your link for the item on Cabelas comes up with a blank. If you search for "truck bed extender" (the description on Harbor Freight) on Cabelas website it returns an ATV carrier for $119. Ease up on the accusations.

My sense is that Cabelas is very cheap on things that are widely available, but mark up less common items. I don't have a problem with this--they got to make money somewhere. Harbor Freight is now marketing a whole line of power tools that are incredibly cheap, low-quality, Chinese production. Having tried two of such tools, I'm not buying anymore unless I am purchasing them for one-time use.

BTW, the boycott Cabelas website just makes me want to put in an order today. Reading between the lines: an employee was involved in a white supremacist anti-imigration rally. Said employee is fired. This makes Cabelas "the World's foremost Civil Rights Suppressor."

If Cabelas fired an employee because he was involved in an Aryan-rights group, then I'll double my order from them.

[This message has been edited by DavidsonDuke (edited 26 April 2005).]

Before I would change my buying habits I would like to know more about the reason I'm changing! Bold faced propaganda (what I believe that you have put in your message to us) is difficult to distinguish from the actual and complete truth. Sounds like a case of mutual charracter assination to me.

What was in those leaflets that guy was distributing that would cause such an uproar? If you're trying to convince me that this all occurred because of a simple confrontation with an hispanic traffic oficer,...sorry, no sale! At least not now!

Ol Bill

nighthawk Guest

I saw nothing that indicated Cabela's was in the wrong. The employee should have read the terms of employment statement on the application prior to signing it. Bet there is a statement there saying something along the lines of you can be terminated for any statements or actions that detract from the coporate image commited on or off the company property.
    I shop at both my local shops and Cabela's. Sure seems strange that those of you who hate Cabela's sure love to get their catalogs. Now I'm not the best speller in the world but I sure can read. I read things like the labels on the products I buy. Since I read labels I have discovered that the local fly shop does indeed sell some items made overseas and Cabela's does indeed sell some items made in the U.S.A. Nuff said.

R.I.F. Reading Is Fundamental

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

Interesting thread.
    JC Shame on you, confusing the issue with facts.
    History on the Aryan Nation is that it was (is) a professed racist and known violent organization. I had come cross them in the 70's and was frightened by their demeanor and actions.

jed

Closed Thread