Arkansas, hardly the forerunner in any endeavor, has a program where you can report litter bugs..

You call a number (866) 811-1222, tell them you saw someone litter, give them the license plate, vehicle description, etc.

They send the offending person a letter explaining how they done bad and were seen. The third such notice they assure the bug will be accompanied by a STATE TROOPER to explain the error of their ways.

As dry as it has been here recently, I've seen two folks throw burning cigarette butts out the window of their cars. It just takes a minute, and the folks that answer the line seem more than friendly.

Do any other states support this type thing?