Well, just got in from Turneffe Island Lodge, Belize. What a great place.

There a plenty of bone fish but the fish are a little nervous, looks like they get fished alot. Long casts are very helpful and will inable you to get a few casts at the fish.

THE fly for the week was a crazy charlie without wings, small bead chain eyes,tan ox tail body, and holographic body wrap in pearl. It was the only fly that caught fish for me and I tried alot of patterns. Other people were getting skunked so I tied up a half a dozen more in the shop and handed them out. It worked for them as well.

The permit there go from 10-15 pounds on the flats to monsters in deeper water close to the reef. I caught one that the guide estimated at 22 to 24 pounds. The thing must have taken 200 yards of backing out of the 10 weight before I could start to get line back.

The fly was a local creation called "the pizza". It look like a wedge of pizza and was a redish color. Its made of epoxy with tan buck tail and glitter. It must have weighed close to 1 oz.

Oh, the weather was 83 degrees every day, water temp was 78-80, winds 10-15, mostly sunny. Its a hard life but someone had to do it. Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhh.

If you go down there, I would ask for Joe the guide. He was excellent and put me on fish that other guide drove right by.

Larry