+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bug yarn

Default Bug yarn

A pattern (recipe) I came across uses what looks like plain bug yarn but it specifically calls out "McFly Foam". Am I missing something here? Where do I get it?

Ray I have both and think that you'll be fine using glo bug yarn. It's hard to tell without seeing the pattern but it's a reasonable substitution.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Just use your bug yarn...Trust me..If you have a good supply of Glo bug yarn..there is no need to waste good money on mcfly foam.....If you ever buy any...make very sure your fingers and hands are a smooth as a baby's butt to work with the stuff....
    I can't work well with it...my job will not allow for baby soft hands...LOL

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

Everyone wants to excel in this sport but at the same time we let traditionalists place restrictions on our tactics, methods, and ideas. I always assumed that fly fishing was a sport that allowed imagination, creation, adaptation, investigation, dedication, education, revelation? : Fox Statler, On Spinners (Not the dainty Dry Fly kind) "Spinner'd Minner Fly"

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Ray, I don't use egg yarn anymore since I found McFly Foam. For tying eggs, it's the true schnitzel.

+ Reply to Thread