+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making Poppers

Hybrid View

Default Making Poppers

I enjoy making and fishing poppers as part of my fly fishing experience. One frustrating part of making poppers/sliders etc. is that they sometimes do not want to land right side up. This usually happens when the hook is lightweight or if I make them with the hook point facing up for weedless applications. I found these adhesive nose bridge strips for sale at Hobby Lobby. They are used when people make their own face masks. They we on sale for 74 cents for 24 of them. They work perfectly for adding just enough weight to make sure that the poppers land in the proper position. Since they are self-adhesive, they stick on easily, but I add a thin coat of UV epoxy to secure them in place. They take markers very well, so you can color them or leave them silver to add a bit of flash to your poppers.https://gifyu.com/image/S4M5o

Default an additional benefit

That should cause the popper to make a bigger "splat" when hitting the water to attract the fishes attention.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Heck, even my dry flies land with a nice big splat

Nice innovation Jim. Dennis

Thanks, Dennis. I always try to keep my eye open for different "stuff" that I can use at the tying desk.Jim

+ Reply to Thread