+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiger eye question

Default Tiger eye question

I was lucky and was able to get one of the last 9' 3wt Sevier Tiger Eye blanks, and got it built a few years ago. I like the way it feels and casts (once i put a decent line on it). And that's the problem, it feels too good. I'm scared to use it much, I fear some one will do something stupid and break it. (not me of course). My question for you all, is there something out there that is similar in feel/price? I don't remember what I paid, but I do know it wasn't a lot. (I bought it, so it didn't cost a bunch)

It's not always cost that determines the quality of a rod. Sure wish they hadn't quite production of those blanks! Sorry I can't give you another rod that is equal to the tiger eye ... but I had a monumental wave of nostalgia just now!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Default Plum color?

Are those the plum colored blank rods? If so, I loved them and built on several. I wish I could find more. They were my favorites.

Seems Sevier only has saltwater Tiger Eye rods in stock and not many of them.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread