I'm a dry fly snob, so I fish mainly top water for panfish and bass. I'm a bit out of step with typical panfish flies. Most of my panfish flies are tied on size 6 hooks, I may do a couple size 8's. I use some standard soft foam poppers, not a big fan of the double barrel poppers. The rest are tied out of craft foam. Circles and heart shapes punched out of 2 mm craft foam for poppers. Strips of 3mm to 6mm craft foam for sliders and frog patterns. The only one that has a name is a variation I tie of Tony's Froggie. I also tie a floating mop fly that's been very effective. I use dumbbell eyes made from foam cylinders as the head and to float them. Most effective colors for all the patterns have been white, yellow and chartreuse. For bass, I just upsize the patterns. I don't go much larger than an inch across for the circle and heart shaped poppers. I'll tie them on size 4 to size 1 hooks. The sliders and frogs, I'll tie them up to 3/0. I usually fish top waters with a strip/pause motion. Three or four strips, pause, rinse and repeat. A steady strip can also be effective I do some sub-surface fishing. For panfish, I'll use mop flies, Estaz bugs, small Zonkers and sometimes small bait fish patterns, 1 to 2 inches long, bucktail and marabou jigs tied on 1/32 or 1/20 oz jig heads. For bass, larger mop flies, 2 1/2 to 3 inches long, Zonkers, bait fish patterns 2 to 4 inches long, swimbait flies(updated version of the Calcasieu Pig Boat)and crayfish patterns. I usually use a steady strip retrieve for the mop flies, Estaz bugs, Zonkers, bait fish patterns and swimbait flies. For the jigs, I'll either strip them or bounce them off the bottom. Crayfish flies are crawled across the bottom. Hook size. Panfish-size 6 Bass-size 6 to 3/0. The swimbait and crayfish flies are tied on 3/0. I'd post some pictures, but this is the only board I'm on that doesn't allow me to post pictures directly from my computer.