This is another example of what I call a "system" pattern that allows me to change out the tails on a topwater pattern to give it a new/different look in about 30 seconds. The fish is carved from two thin pieces of Balsa Wood. I cut in a slot to add a diving bill made from clear Polycarbonate material. I cut a groove in the wood to accommodate the shaft of the hook and tied in a size one Mustad Fastach quick change clip. I also make this pattern with just the training hook which I attach in the hook-up position to avoid foul-hooking weeds and twigs. Sandwich in the hook with the Fastact tied on, sand to shape, color with markers, and add some glittery nail polish, a 3D eye, and a coat of Epoxy. This pattern floats "face" down to imitate a wounded prey item, in this case, a baby Bluegill. I enjoy making the Balsa "bug" and patterns that use the Mustad Fastach clips gives me lots of flexibility with very little effort. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. https://gifyu.com/image/SI9v5 Jim Smith