Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
Hi, Guys!! Swamp Witch here, just checking in, and saw this note. I'm still around ... doing very little. Fired a Doctor who told me my fishing days in my mountains were over! She said a trip to the mountains could kill me; got a better way to go? I think not. Last trip did cause me a week in hospital when we got home, but, darm! it was worth it! Now in the KUMed center grouping and my oncologist there said I could go if I understood I was no longer 25 yo, and was careful with my doings. Chemo for the PV (blood cancer) has failed me so we're trying interferon. We'll see what happens. Bit of incredible, happy news; Tristyn just turned 9, and has learned to walk! Most of her time is still in the wheelchair, but she is accomplishing things we never, ever expected her to do! Still non verbal, but certainly can get her message across! She's also learning to use a picture board on the computer to better communicate; she taps a picture on the screen that speaks the words she wants. Her computer voice is hilarious! Now have 9 grands, and 3 great grands! Other than that ...pffftttt! Miss you all, miss Deanna and our silly phone calls. Do think of you alot. Hugs!
You take care Betty. You are family to all of us.