+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Morning coffee at the tying desk

Default Morning coffee at the tying desk

This not exactly fly fishing or tying, but rather another way to enjoy this wonderful pastime while I enjoy my morning coffee tying up some flies for the fall/winter season here in Florida. I got this beautiful handmade mug from a member of a fly tying group over on FB. I thought that I would share a photo of my new fly fishing mug as I sit and sip my morning coffee contemplating what to tie this morning. Jim Smith BG Mug.JPG

That is really nice Jim. I'm a big fan of Bluegill art.

Dennis

I am also a big fan of Bluegill art. I have several autographed prints of Blugill and other sunfish species hanging in my tying room including my latest acquisition from an artist up in Georgia who has also custom painted some baits for me. Male Bluegill in breeding colors rival any freshwater fish for beauty (IMHO).Jenn BG Art.JPG

Jim Smith

Quote Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
    I am also a big fan of Bluegill art. I have several autographed prints of Blugill and other sunfish species hanging in my tying room including my latest acquisition from an artist up in Georgia who has also custom painted some baits for me. Male Bluegill in breeding colors rival any freshwater fish for beauty (IMHO).Attachment 16031

Jim Smith
    Hi Jim, I'm looking for a mug like that in at least a 12 oz. size. Are they for sale?

Excellent looking piece of artwork Jim. Thanks for posting that.

Dennis

Lastchance, The man who makes them is named Jereamy Hanna and he sells them on Etsy. He makes the mugs (as well as other pottery items) and hand paints any species of fish you want. They aren't cheap, but he does excellent work and is a good guy to deal with.. https://www.etsy.com/shop/nakedgoddesspottery

B
    est of luck.

Jim
    Last edited by James Smith; 10-03-2022 at 11:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread