+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly TYing Materials

Hybrid View

Default Fly TYing Materials

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]I use quite a bit of Kanekalon material from synthetic wings for streamers as well as popper tails, leech patterns, and dubbing brushes. That said, it is time for me thin out some of my supplies as I have acquired more than I will ever use in my lifetime. I have 70 wigs of a wide variety "fishy" colors/textures that I would like to donate to an organization that supports our veterans. It would probably have to be a warmwater chapter to get the full utilization of all this material. If there is anyone here who knows of a large chapter of Healing Waters (or other similar organizations), I would appreciate the name and contact information. Here's a photo of a few patterns that I make from this material. This is a TON of material, so it would have to be a good-sized chapter. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Like

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Comment[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Send[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Jim, You might want to contact this group not too far from you up in the Villages: https://www.facebook.com/TriCountyFlyFishers/ One of my very best friends since the 6th grade told me about it, he doesn't tye but loves to fish when the opportunity arises.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Uncle Jesse, THanks for the tip. The Villiages is about an hour away from me in Lakeland. I sne an email to the Healing Waters in North Florida, but I have not received any response as of yet. I will give them another day or so and then contact TricountyFlyFishers. I hope that all is going well for you and your family. I haven't been fishing near as much as I should be, but one of my long-time clients (17 years) called me and asked me to join a team that will be making changes to their Safety Management System since I was on the original team when it was designed and implemented. I still don't seem to have this retirement thing quite figured out yet

Take care and stay safe.

Jim

There was a guy on this forum from Denver That works with kids fly fishing and fly tying. Alas, I can not find his name or contact info.
    Maybe someone has a contact for him.

Fallen outdoors for vets might be an organization to reach out to.

I can not see your pictures.

Another option is sell some material and donate the proceeds. I would be a buyer at a premium price if this is an avenue you decide to pursue..

Good luck.

SCG
    Last edited by stcroixguy; 09-09-2022 at 10:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread