+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Securing knots with glues......

Default Securing knots with glues......

Sorry....re-posted it in Learning Experience Pass it on......

I watched Lefty Kreh about tying an Albright knot and he recommends in his book to use Loctite 406 on the knots. I don't have any. Was wondering what I wanted to secure my knot with. I have used super glue in the past. Out fishing I use Loons UV Knot Sense. That cures hard and so does super glue. My albright knot was a quarter inch long if not a tad more. I finally found out that Loctite 406 is just another super glue! Since my knot was a bit long I wanted to use something more flexible. My thoughts went to Pliobond....which Lefty recommends in his book somewherre......Tear Mender.....and Liquid Stitch. I decided to try Liquid Stitch as it is flexible. I have used it on other stuff and like it. Holds up in the washing machine.....should hold up just fishing.

just fyi
    jim
    Last edited by Whitewolf; 08-26-2022 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Intended post to be on Learning Pass it on

This may help a little or just confuse you.

The Locktite is cyanoacrylate adhesive

What ingredient is in super glue? The main ingredient in cyanoacrylate glue is cyanoacrylate, which is an acrylic monomer that transforms to a plastic state after curing.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Thanks Uncle Jesse.....but I know Loctite is a super glue....I said that iin my message.
    I am thinking about Goop now. caibill suggested that in another post.
    I had totally forgotten about goop. I like that idea....

+ Reply to Thread