+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to upload photos

Default how to upload photos

What's the trick to uploading a photo from your computer to this website so you can post it in a message? Everytime I open the photo and click upload I get a message that simply says"upload failed"

Used to be the photo had to be on a photo hosting site like photobucket. That may have changed though. Been many years since I uploaded a photo.
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Your pic is most likely too big, pixel-wise, to post as an "attachment." Try downsizing it, if you can, to the smallest pixel number available on your puter.

John
    The fish are always right.

John, I tried that and they would then post. However due to the smaller size you can't see any detail and I can see no way of making it better. See my two posts under the classified for sale section

Dave -

Not sure what the "smaller size" you refer to actually is. Seems that how attachments show up in a thread vary somewhat. Sometimes when there is a very small attachment ( pic ) shown, if you click on the pic, it will magically enlarge, or come up as a separate windown.

After I had issues with photobucket.com and stopping using that service, I did post a few pix via the attachment system, but the results were so unpredictable that I just gave up on it.

Anyway, it is unfortunate that the attachment thing for photos was so primitive way back when and never got updated so it could be used simply with consistent results.

John
    The fish are always right.

I have been using Flickr.
    Rick

After the Photobucket fiasco, I switched to Imgur. One just needs to size the pixels before uploading to Imgur:

https://imgur.com

...so easy:

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

dave, I went thru the same problem about 6 months ago and I found a good bit of info on the FAQ section of this site, gives you directions on formatting messages, attaching files etc. the other thing I found to be very helpful was an article on the net called," how to reduce the size of a jpeg:5 different ways" I didn't find this, I believe some one on this site turned me onto it , im not computer literate enough to figure this stuff out on my own I get past double clicking on the site and im lost.

anyhow hope this info helps you out

I haven't used Photobucket in such a long time, I received an email from them telling me I'm a bad boy and my account is being marked as "INACTIVE". It's because somewhere along the line I learned how to copy and paste.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Jim, are you simply copying a photo from your picture folder on your computer and then pasting it in your forum post? I didn't think you could do that.

+ Reply to Thread