+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mediocre Amateur ...

Lightbulb Mediocre Amateur ...

... and no, I am not describing myself, although that description might not be too far off the mark.

This Mediocre Amateur is for those who have been or are in to "peak bagging," or wonder what that is all about.

Want to see new places to explore, experience places you'll never get to, or relive hikes / climbs you've done ?

Check out "Mediocre Amateur" on YouTube. Just enter it into the YouTube search feature, pick a place from the listings to experience, and sit back to enjoy a really interesting fellow and some of his friends who will show you trail running at its finest in some of the most beautiful places on the planet.

John
    The fish are always right.

Arrow The Grand Teton ...

... Climbing the Full Exum.

For a very unusual view of the Grand Teton, take 14 minutes out of your life to watch the mediocre amateur and friend climb the Full Exum route.

Search YouTube for "Mediocre Amateur" and find this one which was just posted a few days ago.

Enjoy, and all the best.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    Thanks for the cabin fever tip!
    Going to need some more such tips over the next few months.

When we lived down in SE Idaho, we could see the very tip of the Grand from our property. Never wanted to try summiting it because I don't like to have a lot of air around me when out and about in the mountains. The 13,775 foot summit elevation wouldn't be an issue ( have done summits in that range a number of times ), but all the approaches call for stuff a lot of us don't just tolerate well.

John

Lightbulb Change of Pace ...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    Thanks for the cabin fever tip!
    ... for Steve and all the other BB visitors -

Found a couple other amateurs that have done some really interesting stuff in Steve's backyard.

Use the YouTube search feature to find "livehardxlovehard". Scrolling on down, you will eventually come to the title for Stillman Peak in Sequoia National Park. Some absolutely stunning scenery in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

There are a whole bunch of other videos of this young couple's hikes and climbing in the Sierras and other Western venues. Much to enjoy, even when the temps are in the mid 60's ( or whatever they are today ) in the Mid West, or when they do finally turn cooler.

Enjoy, and all the best to all who visit here.

John

+ Reply to Thread