Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
... with Paul Arnold's "Wisdom of the Guides". I haven't read a lot of books on fly fishing, but of those that I have read, this is the best one, period.John
Well I love to read on the subject and while I do have Wisdom of the Guides and for sure its a winner , not so sure about period,, - Another couple good ones : "Fly fishing Idaho?s Secret Waters" , the cover photo shows the area John Scott & I fished some years ago. It covers several other great areas and fly's to use with solid information on the regions, A nice book. "The Pleasures of Fly Fishing" , by V.S.Hidy. A classic Pete take you on a photographic journey along with some writings from Classic past authors. The book is no longer in print but a real treasure if you can find it. It may be available , check it out if you can. "The Essence if Flycasting", by Mel Krieger. This in MHO is one of the best instructor book on the market. If you can pickup his video on the subject , it follows his work in this book and his humor throughout is really second to none. Enjoy reading , cheers.