+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charlie Craven Interview

Hybrid View

I suppose writing a satire article is one thing, but an experience/informative one is quite another. In this case, word choice/expression shows not only bad choice but a lack of respect.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I will note that Charlie is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and I'm lucky to call him a friend. Like me his is of a younger generation which is perhaps a bit too free with profanity. I've listened to this interview before and it is a pretty casual affair, as such the f-bomb slipping out is just something which happened. The idea however that this speaks to Charlie's character is, to my mind, a bit beyond the pale. Charlie probably does as much for the sport of fly fishing as anyone out there today and certainly gives of himself in terms of time and resources (who else gives away fly tying tutorials with the level of detail Charlie does) more so than anyone else i know. Yes, as I noted we are friends and I'm happy to defend him, but to say the dropping of a single f-bomb speaks to his character simply isn't accurate. As others have noted, call his shop and talk to him, I'm sure your opinion of him will change after the conversation. He's there every day except Wednesday.
    "My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy." Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

Thanks Brian for your comments concerning Charlie's character which you seem to know so well. I have great respect for his talent/skills and would never judge a man's overall character by a few miss-spoken words, nor should we. Happy New Year!!
    God Bless America

I agree, thanks Brian , likely Charlie will edit that out and chalk it out to an oops moment.

Happy new year
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

+ Reply to Thread