+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Fish Inn 2019

Default Michigan Fish Inn 2019

All
    Just want to let you all know that the Michigan Fish Inn will take place June 23 to 30 this year. Same drill as in years past....Meet and Greet will take place at John Campbell's home on Monday, June 24. Exact time TBT but usually starts around 5 pm. We will be grilling again. Menu has not been finalized but it will be basically a picnic style event.
    The rest of the week will be devoted to fishing and telling tall tails around the fire. I will be in the Bround Trout room at Gates Lodge. There is a nice porch facing the river so we can sit there and enjoy an adult beverage or 6.
    There is lodging available from camping to motels to renting a house. Your choice and your responsibility to make your reservations.
    If you plan on coming, please let us know by posting here.
    If anyone needs more info, please contact me via PM. We would love to see you all the last week of June on the Ausable!
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Really looking forward to it!! Feel free to put in the river at my house for some fishing afterwards if you are so inclined. Thanks Brad.
    God Bless America

Sorry to say I will not be making the trip up this year. Maybe next year.
    The fishing was good it was the catching that was bad

Unfortunately I too will be unable to attend. I will be having rotator cuff surgery within the next few days and will probably be out of the "two handed business" for a few months. Somewhat thankfully it's not on my dominant right arm but nevertheless will make MANY simple tasks difficult if not impossible. In any case, I wish all attendees great weather, cold beer, smooth bourbon , overnight frost to kill mosquitoes and tight lines.

Mark

Marco,
    This is April...you should be boxing by the end of June. Been there-done that. "Don't Let the Old Man In" Toby Keith.
    God Bless America

Hey John,
    If THAT actually happens, I'll be there with bells on . It's not without a bit of sadness that I stated my no show notice. I've always enjoyed the MIFIs even if , thru the years, my average cost per fish is probably near $200 :>) . Apparently it's the folks and not the fish that are my draw.

Mark
    Also, Toby Keith did one of my favorites... " I Love This Bar" . There must be a reason.....................:>)

Mark,
    I would never try to monetarily cost out my fly fishing per fish caught. However, the pleasure and mental benefits of it all are priceless! If the comradery is your draw, then leave you rods at home Hope you can make it. By the way, if that Toby Keith song is one o your favorites, you need to also listen to his song written for Clint Eastwood, "Don't Let the Old Man In". Very appropriate for men our age and I try to live by it. Happy Easter!!
    God Bless America

Actually John, my cost should have been stated as $200 per fish inch. :>). But , that said, I post this to BUMP the MIFI thread into prominence again . It's about time to see the folks responding.

Mark

Mark,
    Assuming you have had your surgery, hope you are doing well. Although you won't make the MIFI, we'll toss one back for you. Hope we have a good turn out. It's a little early yet.
    God Bless America

John,
    Thank you fro the well wishes. However, due to a hospital SNAFU, the surgery is rescheduled for May 30. Since I missed a confirmation call, the hospital scheduled MY SON , same name, for the original date. Needless to say, he declined the offer and since I had a planned a post surgery trip to Carmel CA from which we just returned, my operation is rescheduled as above stated.
    I do hope y'all have a good turnout at the MIFI. The TRADITION should not fade away......

Mark

+ Reply to Thread