Hey guys, so i have a question.. Kind of a pick your brains situation.

I am new to rod building first of all.. This is my second rod, and im very proud of it so far.. It isnt a fly rod mind you, its a 7' spinning rod, i figured its best to learn the art of rod building on something less critical (and cheaper) then a fly rod build.

I have a thing for split grips, so this obviously has them, ill post pictures of the build so far when i get a chance.. It has carbon fiber grips with a eva cap, aero size 16 reel seat, microwave line control system guides..

The balace point is currently about 1 1/2 inchs above the reel seat and i want to try and get it back atleast 3/4 of an inch, more is preferred.. Its a very minimal and clean build, if theres a way to keep it that way i want to...

The cfx carbon fiber handle components use a polyurethane core, so im guessing the eva cap isnt coming off easy to add weight to the butt.. Unfortunately, all the handle and reelseat components are already attached with epoxy. I have about a 5 inch space for the spit grip, i moved the handle up 2 inchs to account for balance when trying to balance the components in the beginning..

My thought was to try using ultra wire with a thread base in the split grip, but i havent found anywhere where someone has tried this.. It wouldnt add alot of weight, but should help.. Im assuming it would hinder sensitivity...

Does anyone have any suggestions? Reasons why using ultra wire would be a bad idea?

Any suggestions are welcome...

PS. The thread has not been coated yet.. Only the grips and reel seat have been.