+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michigan Fish In

Sorry, I didn't mention Isos, but yes, they are hatching in late evening around 8pm. Don't overlook the Beetles. I call them lightning bugs, but they are plentiful around the river right now.

I tie a version of the Madsen Skunk, but with a flash body. I think that's what Gates is pushing also. My rubber legs are generally barred black and white whether it matters or not, I don't know. I have plenty of them tied, so no need to go buy them if you don't tie. I know most of you tie your own. I have been using a size 12-14, but have to go smaller in a few weeks. We'll be home this weekend, so anybody is welcome to drop by.

For Mark, yes, there is plenty to talk about and strategies to be formulated. By the way, Sylvia has all the eating utilizes; plates, cups, etc. Just need to bring folding chairs if you have them. I have a few extra. Monday is supposed to be a beautiful day and evening.
    God Bless America

Hey John,
    I'm here and I finally made it. "Gertrude" as I've named my "trusty" Garmin GPS apparently had a mind of her own adding about 40 miles to my trek. BUT, it's the destination and not the journey ( I know :>) ) that remains in my mind. Also, a NIX on the cell # I published earlier. IPhone died and refuses to take a charge. Unfortunately while I had a business conversation with several clients whose contact numbers died along with the phone. Called the 800 # of ATT from the motel to get the numbers of my last 5 outgoing calls so that I could reconnect with them later from my motel phone. That info is always available if one can prove his identity by reciting the numeric code set up when one initiated the service 25 years ago. Well...................................I am now totally incognito and possibly minus a few clients. Perhaps the fishing will temper my frustration. I am an optimist by trait.

Mark
    Did stop by Spike's for an EXCELLENT burger . Also brought a few things to throw on the grill if there's room.
    Last edited by Marco; 06-25-2018 at 05:20 AM.

Mark,
    Just read your message. Sorry to here about your misfortunes. Hopefully, your luck will change. See you tomorrow afternoon.
    God Bless America

Well, the MIFI is officially over. The weather cooperated, the fish cooperated somewhat, but who cares. I had a GREAT time and Lord willing, look forward to more of same in the future.
    Personally I'd like to thank Brad for again arranging the outing, Joe B for his culinary artistry, John and Sylvia Campbell for hosting the "meet and greet" at their beautiful streamside home. John, especially, for providing me with SEVERAL home tied offerings with an implied guarantee ( they worked on the South Branch). I'm sure I speak for everyone when I state, we ALL enjoyed the event and would certainly urge more FAOL'ers to join us next year.

Mark

Thanks Mark. Turns out there were 14 of us at the meet and greet. Joe and Brad did a super job with the Brat and Bison Burgers. It was good seeing all the out of towner who were you of course, Brad, Joe, Bill and Joe's friend Kit. Wish the fishing conditions had been better, but you never know what nature will bring. I saw the first Hex this year out our front lawn last night. They generally hatch earlier farther down river. Hopefully, we'll have more to attend next year and I'll certainly look forward to it. Best regards to all!
    God Bless America

Well John,
    It's happening again. As usual, about 10 or so days after leaving a very enjoyable, as was the 2018 MIFI, outing , REALITY and reality set in. Instead of only having to think of where to fish, what/where to eat and with whom to spend the evening watching the embers , there's "will IT be done on schedule"?. Needless to say, my choice will always be the former. I'm now in a mild state of depression that usually passes, thankfully, in a few days with no obvious long term residuals. It's only about 70 days to our annual Jackson Wyoming trip after which plus 10 or so days, it'll be Deja vu all over again :>).
    See y'all and hopefully many more, next year.

Mark

John,
    Addressed to you again since you're the "resident reporter", how're the conditions, hatches etc. I'm tempted to return with wife ( tossup between Grayling and Viroqua WI) . Viroqua is much closer but I have a familiarity comfort factor for Grayling ( plus Spike's and You and Sylvia).
    This would be the in-be-tween trip, to wit: MIFI- Wyoming which will happen Sept 25.
    Since I still , like you, work in my field, all "plans" are " if all goes well". But having said all that, I'd try REAL HARD to make them happen.
    PLUS, I never did get a taste of those "down home squeezins" you once mentioned :>).

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 07-21-2018 at 01:57 AM.

As was once written, "...the best laid plans..............", just got a work order for a school project to be completed before school starts so............
    It was a nice thought. Already had reservations at the Super 8 for 5 days and canceled them with a heavy heart.
    Looks like it'll be MIFI 19'

Mark

+ Reply to Thread