Mark,
What makes you think we don't communicate?:>) Seriously, some do fish together in their favorite spots, but no necessarily in the AuSable. The Manistee an Black rivers are also worth a day or so. The only way you will get a 25"er is with a guide further down stream in the big water, NORMALLY. I have a friend coming who know the North Branch very well and another who has some spots on the South Branch that he may reveal. Yes, let's talk. Personally, at my age, I like fishing with someone else in shouting distance.

I haven't seen any Hex at my place yet, but there have been some reports further down stream. The hot flies in the Holy Water change daily, but right now, Yellow Sallys, Purple Haze, Skunks and sulfurs are doing well. I see a few nymph fishermen come by. Wouldn't hurt to have a weighted dropper on a Skunk. I caught one the other day on a dropper. There should be a good crowd of locals here on Monday who fish more than I do with good information. See you on Monday if not before.