I have aquired a new Garmin Striker 7 SV. It is recommended a Group 27 deep cycle battery. Has an inline 30a fuse. Can't remember for sure. Think it said 42a....

Anyway the two leads that go to the power source, the battery are way small. I can't wrap my head around a unit needing that much battery and have such small power wires.

I need to sort of keep weight down in my little 14' v boat. I think it recommended to not run it off the same battery as the foot control troll motor. Well I need a fairly big battery for the trolling motor. I really would like to get by with as small a battery as possible for the fish finder.

I would appreciate any advise or suggestions from anyone. Anyone who has had this experience and kind of knows what battery I can get by with would be a big help to me. I think it said a 105 ah battery recommended. I have a smaller 35ah I think I will try. Heck...can't hurt...much. I use said 35ah to run a 34lb trolling motor on my little 8' foam filled boat! Don't see why it would not work for the fish finder.

BTW.....if anyone is interested....I am thinking about selling my 8' boat. It fits down inside a long bed pick up with the tailgate closed. I have a 34lb thrust trolling motor on the front and a 1.5hp Evinrude Mate outboard on the back. Thinking about $400. Cost me a lot more than that to put it together. Anyway if anyone around Belfast Maine can see it in my front yard....actually in Waldo, about 6 miles inland from Belfast. Actually have a Bottom Line Fishing Buddy 4000?. Might sell it for a tad more with the boat. I bought it new at Cabelas and it cost me $234 plus tax.

uh.....sorry....uh....any help would sure be nice....

jim
yes, I know there is such a thing as a comma, creatures of habit.....duh...my touch typing habits.......