+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pipeline leaks

Blog Entries

Default Pipeline leaks

Recent pipeline spills in Northern Iowa ands big one in Canada.
    Looks like the XL Pipeline and the Dakota one are back on the burner for construction.

For those who follow the XL Pipeline, whose oil is it and where is it being pumped to?

Answers to your question are readily available, but what's your point? There are thousands of both natural gas and oil pipelines running throughout the continental U.S. that flow everyday with relatively few incidents of leaks. Pipelines are as safe as rail cars and trucks that ply our highways and city streets in greater numbers everyday. Risks are always there for any commodity that sustains human life and our way of life.
    God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbell View Post
    Answers to your question are readily available, but what's your point? There are thousands of both natural gas and oil pipelines running throughout the continental U.S. that flow everyday with relatively few incidents of leaks. Pipelines are as safe as rail cars and trucks that ply our highways and city streets in greater numbers everyday. Risks are always there for any commodity that sustains human life and our way of life.
    Yes, but why increase the risk? That is a very cavalier attitude. If that one incident ruined your home trout water I suspect your attitude might be different. Under our new president mines that once sickened our land and water have already begun to reopen. Decades of environmental work may be lost. One more incident of (leaks) or dirty mine water running into a local trout stream is one too many. We must stay vigilant. You sound like you own a piece of land with a ribbon of pipelines or maybe you own a pipeline.
    Last edited by lastchance; 02-18-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    Yes, but why increase the risk? That is a very cavalier attitude. If that one incident ruined your home trout water I suspect your attitude might be different. Under our new president mines that once sickened our land and water have already begun to reopen. Decades of environmental work may be lost. One more incident of (leaks) or dirty mine water running into a local trout stream is one too many. We must stay vigilant. You sound like you own a piece of land with a ribbon of pipelines or maybe you own a pipeline.
    Just stating facts, Last Chance. Did not intend for this to get political or personally insulting. No, I don't own a pipeline, but depend on them as most of US do for many of our needs. I can assure you that I am as vigilant as most concerning the environment, but also practical about what it will take to meet the ever growing needs of our country. THE END.
    God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbell View Post
    Just stating facts, Last Chance. Did not intend for this to get political or personally insulting. No, I don't own a pipeline, but depend on them as most of US do for many of our needs. I can assure you that I am as vigilant as most concerning the environment, but also practical about what it will take to meet the ever growing needs of our country. THE END.
    Hey JC, I guess I may have sounded a bit angry, but in reality I'm afraid for our environment. Point taken. There are 2 sides to every story and I understand that.

pipeline_line_map-630x420.jpg Now think clearly, "Would you really rather that all this oil and gas be transported by rail and highway?" "Do you think that we and the environment would actually be safer with all these petroleum products traveling on our rails and roadways?"

Oh, and if all this oil and gas were not transported across the country, then most of the US would freeze in the winter and your cars would quickly stop moving... and NO - wind, solar and electric (from what source?) would not keep you warm and the lights on...

Remember last fall with just one pipeline was interrupted, and gas prices on the East Coast soared? Now look at that map again and think "That was just one pipeline!" https://www.wsj.com/articles/gas-diesel-prices-spike-following-alabama-pipeline-fire-1478010889

Last edited by bowfin47; 02-20-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Never trust quotes you find on the internet.
    Thomas Jefferson

pipelines are way safer than rail and rail usage has increased 9 to 10 times because of the resistance to new pipelines . we do need to be vigilant with regard to our environment but we also need to use common sense

+ Reply to Thread