Thread: Let's talk about the double haul again.

Threaded View

Default Let's talk about the double haul again.

Sorry, folks. I want to talk about an old subject, double haul, again. Hopefully this is not going to bore you. The reason I find it necessary is that there are still so many people getting on this forum wanting to know how to double haul. There are so many videos out there teaching people how to double haul. The problem for some of them is that they don't do well themselves. But there are some great instructors who do very well themselves. I will list some of the good videos below.

One thing I want to emphasize here is that having a good basic cast is crucial to a good double haul. Without having a good basic cast, there will be less tension for the line to pull itself through the guides. Then, it is very difficult to have the other hand to give the line up to make the haul possible. A lot of people have trouble with double haul not because they don't know how to haul but because they have no way of making the haul. I suggest that we emphasize on a good basic cast to let the line build enough tension so that the line will go up through the guides to allow your hauling hand to go up. Then, you will have the chance to haul.
    Last edited by john_in; 10-18-2016 at 05:15 AM.