+ Reply to Thread

Thread: regal pocket base

Hybrid View

Default regal pocket base

I have a regal vise with a c-clamp, and would like to have the pocket style base for it. Anybody found a suitable substitute for buying a new vise that comes with a base? I could get a wooden one made, I suppose, but then it wouldn't be heavy enough. Any ideas?

Blog Entries

just order the base from any shop that carries Regal........? Scroll to the lower section of this website at Regal: http://regalvise.com/accessories.html
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 03-11-2016 at 12:47 AM.

There are a load of options for wooden fly tying workstations from small to huge, depending on what you want. Look at http://www.jsflyfishing.com/oasis-pedestal-base for an example of a smaller pedestal base......

Or order the Regal Pocket base from your local fly shop as Byron suggests.

Cliff

What about simply having a wooden "cover" made for your existing pedestal base. It could fit right over the existing base and you could have it customized however you want it. For that matter, it could just as easily be made from a nice light colored piece of corian or some other material as it works just like wood with carbide tools. Just a thought...

Jim Smith

Good ideas. But I don't want to pay the going rate for a Regal pocket base, and I have one of the mini tying stations, but want something smaller. What I think I might do is get the standard, cheap base, and then do as Jim says and look for a woodworker to make make the cover. Probably wind up with more in it than buying the Regal base. My vise is the c-clamp model. Just wondering.

I bought the Bigfoot base years ago and still use it with my Regal INEX as my travel vise. Excellent base. It's $49 on Wapsi....but you may find it on EBAY for about half that. Very heavy and stable.

t08136.jpg

I have a wood base that is secured with screw to my tying desk. Works great, it's all home made from scrap wood so I didn't mess up a nice piece of furniture doing it.Fly vise base.JPG
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread